The Email Marketing Specialist will be responsible for email marketing campaign integration and deployment for assigned client projects for a major automotive brand.
Working closely with internal clients, cross-functional teams, agencies and vendors, to advise on and deploy email marketing creative using complex targeting data. This includes implementing targeting codes in responsive emails, and support for landing pages and response forms as part of ongoing and ad hoc campaigns.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of implementing targeting, data validation and deployment of email marketing campaigns, preferably with experience at an enterprise level and/or at an agency supporting major brands. Candidates should have experience and knowledge of email deliverability best practices.
Strong preference for candidates with direct experience with Salesforce’s Marketing Cloud (Exact Target) and/or similar email delivery platforms.
This position will report to a Service Delivery Director, of supervision by Senior Project Manager.
* Work with internal teams and agencies to ensure implementation of high quality email marketing campaigns, with quality code and deployment processes.
* Will be required to do hand-on QA of for email campaigns.
* Will be responsible for overall quality, including QA of email, segmentation and accurate delivery.
* Understanding of implementing based on requirements documentation and/or user stories.
* Would handle and support render testing and seed test deployments.
* Implement segmentation coding and ensure accuracy according to targeting matrices.
* Refine, improve and document production workflow processes.
* Strong attention to detail in coding and Quality Assurance.
* Implementation of specific landing pages and response forms as an extension of email marketing campaigns.
* Advise team on marketing segmentation, targeting, personas, and other factors.
* Integration of triggered email functionality using Salesforces Data Extensions.
* Creation of customer journey emails based on actions, interests and/or profiling of customers.
* Regular maintenance and updates of standard operating procedures (“SOP”) documentation of critical processes for the campaign resource provided under this SOW, including but not limited to, information on access, use, and day-to-day processes.
* Prepare week/monthly reports as needed.
* Participate and daily standups and/or weekly status meetings.
* Good to have knowledge of frontend, templating and server-side scripting languages.
* Ability to manage time and meet realistic deadlines.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Ability work through QA process.
* Ability to work on side with client-facing meetings.
* Minimum Bachelor's Degree required.
* 3-5 years' experience in Email campaign execution and/or related marketing and/or development experience, which could include a mix of project management and hands-on web coding and hand-on use of Email Service Providers (ESPs).
* Experience with one or more enterprise level ESPs, preferably using Salesforce Marketing Cloud (Exact Target).
* In-depth knowledge and understanding of email marketing tactics, CANSPAM, ISP rules, etc.
* Strong ability to help define validate and execute business, functional and creative requirements around email marketing.
* Team player who delivers results and work with others to deliver the best outcome for the organization.
* Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key business partners by building personal credibility and trust in a matrix organizational structure.
* Experience with emails integrating Adobe Analytics and Bluekai tagging and/or similar analytics tagging experience.
* Experience with current web and production email processes.
* Experience with traditional and Agile project management methods such as SCRUM.
* Must have knowledge of industry best practices and keep track of developments in relating to marketing via, email, social media, SMS and other channels.
* Experience with code version control such as BitBucket or GIT.
* Experience estimating, and tracking level of effort required for tasks.
* Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
* Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Strong understanding of meaning and use of marketing KPIs.
* Must understand data governance rules and protect customer data, while complying with legal and ethical standards for the use of that data.
* Ideally have experience with and interest in automotive or consumer luxury brands.
* Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Additional skills of value but not required: hands on experience with SQL and email campaign tools such as Adobe Campaign, Unica or similar tools for audience selection.
* Good to have: hands on experience integrating triggered emails and/or automated email journeys based on user interests, actions and/or attributes.
* Good to have: experience with Amazon Cloud messaging solution.