Tester 1 (Regrader) – DET Test Lab – HP-Vancouver
Same general expectations apply to the Tester-1 (Regrader) position as the Tester-1 position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Good communication in English, both in written and oral, and follow instructions.
- Ability to read and understand DET test plans + special instructions provided by the Process TechII’s and Test Engineers.
- Required to assist in the training of Operator 1’s & Operator 3’s, and ensure they are following test plans, guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Leadership role for lower scoped DET Operators, multi-tasking and prioritization of testing tasks & assignments.
- Read and understand test plans and special instructions provided by Process Tech 2’s or Test Engineers.
- Run special tests as delegated by Process Tech 2s or Test Engineers, observe behavior & compare test results.
- Verify & compare test results to assist in defect/error characterization, and make appropriate entries into the appropriate databases or defect report.
- Able to understand and interpret written test plans and other documentation prepared by the Test Engineers, to run DET tests correctly.
- Exhibits team leadership skills and attributes.
- Run test scripts according to specific guidelines and procedures via DET test PC’s.
- Observe behavior & compare test results with predetermined parameters.
- Collect and report test data using predetermined spreadsheets and applicable databases.
- Maintain department logs, records, metrics, and procedures.
- Attends meetings to update Process Tech II’s and Test Engineers regarding progress on specific DET test requests.
- May require to work in an enclosed environmental chamber up to 40 hours/week, with temperature range from 60F to 90F & humidity range from 20% to 80% Relative Humidity.
- Inform the Shift Lead of any administrative issues.
- Inform the Process Technician II of any process issues or product exceptions.
- Collect & verify consumable supplies per test plan requirements.
- Coordination of test assignments with other operators on their shift.
- Complete shift handover with incoming Operators, using notes about all relevant information concerning their units under test.
Regrader Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advanced understanding of DET grading procedures.
- Ability to quickly recognize and learn new print issues & defects.
- Strong understanding of all documented image & print quality issues/defects.
- May require the ability to identify slight differences in color shifts & hues.
- Detail oriented ability to quickly review printed output and identify image/print defects in a repetitive work environment.
- Consistent grading audit scores at or above 95%.
- Ability to operate standard DET (Design & Evaluation Test) test equipment.
- Must be computer literate. Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Word or Excel.
- Able to hear abnormal or distinct sounds/noises from the test units.
- Team Player: Ability to work with others & maintain positive attitude.
- Ability to understand & comprehend test procedures and instructions.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize workflows as demanded by the work requirements.
- Accurate & detailed oriented on repetitive tasks.
- Basic math skills using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions & decimals.
- Good judgment and decision making skills.
- Attention to detail. Must be punctual and dependable.
- Ability to use hand tools (example: scissors, ruler, screwdrivers; infrequently) for simple printer assembly, disassembly, rework and repair, which may include more complex work such as electronic soldering.
- Capable of lifting up to 35 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend or squat for extended periods of time in standard ambient + hot/cold chamber environments.
- Correctable vision to observe product and printed output defects.
- Willingness to work a compressed work week or in different shifts. Overtime may be required.
Education & Experience Required + Job Scoping:
- Education: High school diploma or GED (General Educational Development) is required. Some post-secondary education in a STEM field is preferred.
- Work Experience: Minimum 6 months’ work experience as an Operator-3, which can be waived dependent on prior work experience, skillset, educational qualifications and industry standard certifications.
- Job Scoping: Tester-1, fulfills the minimum expectations of this position. Operator-3 is the trainee level for the Tester-1 position.