Beyondsoft is a global IT Consulting, Solutions and Services provider. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Beijing, China, Beyondsoft has over 30 nationwide offices, R&D bases and delivery centers, as well as facilities in United States, Japan, India, Canada and Singapore. Beyondsoft is now focusing on using emerging, disruptive technologies, like cloud, mobility, big data and analytics, to provide powerful solutions and products for clients in a wide range of industries including: high-tech, eCommerce, finance, automobile, retail, logistics, energy, manufacturing, healthcare, telecommunications, media & entertainment, and travel.
This studio is looking for a talented software engineer to help drive efforts to expand scalability and efficiency across our pipeline systems. Partnering with the Pipeline Engineering team, you will be responsible for building highly scalable, distributed, reliable, business critical systems that process terabytes of data every day using hundreds of compute cores and GPUs.
The Pipeline Team builds the processing systems that transform code and art assets into optimized game-consumable bits. These systems form the living breathing heart of this studio. We work closely with all teams in the studio on the design of these systems, and we tailor our systems to accommodate production realties and day-to-day iteration cycles. In addition to onsite work, our systems support remote workflows for over 300 artists and developers who are geographically distributed across the globe.
Candidates must have strong computer science fundamentals. Experience or course work in the following areas are strong positives: CPU and GPU architectures and technologies, 3D graphics pipelines, parallel algorithms, networking and storage systems, and cloud scaling architectures. You must be comfortable dealing with ambiguous, challenging problems. Excellent communication skills are vital.
Years of experience:
3-5 years of experience developing in C# (or Java) or C++
- Excellent knowledge of C++ and C# (or Java) compilation and linking processes
- Basic knowledge of 3D art pipelines and rendering systems
- Working knowledge of distributed architectures and associated parallel algorithms
- Working knowledge of at least one build system language, MS Build(Perferred), NMake, Make, Ant, etc
- Need to have service cloud design or game design experience
Degrees or certifications required: B.S. in Math/Computer Science, or related field. This is a must! Preferred gaming focus education is a benefit.
-Lack of gaming experience (it is essential that this individual have experience in the gaming industry and understands the foundational components of the gaming world)
-Little service cloud experience and game engine experience
Best vs Average:
- AAA Game Development experience on a shipped title
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, preferably including PowerShell
- Azure cloud systems knowledge
- Experience building High availability, scalable services
- Interest in data center buildout and/or operations
- Triple AAA gaming experience.
- C++ distributing
- Extensive scripting knowledge
- Delivering planned work
- Quality of the work delivered
- Meeting deadlines
- Ensuring there aren’t a lot of operational incidents
Top 3 must-have hard skills