Mobile App Automation Test Engineer
Beyondsoft is a leading IT consulting and managed services provider specializing in consulting, product engineering, IT services and business process outsourcing. Beyondsoft combines business and technology experience to help clients success.
We are looking for an mobile automation quality engineer to join our team to support one of our largest clients - Hewlett Packard in Rancho Bernardo area of San Diego. The quality engineer will be responsible for developing test automation using mobile native test tool or developing new tool.
This is a full-time, long term benefited position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Analyze, Plan and Implement test automation standards and strategies
* Build and maintain Automated test cases using Python and Jenkins
* Create and make enhancements to the Automation Framework
* Understand feature requirements and can quickly translate them to automated test cases
* Train QA Analysts on how to record and execute Automated Scripts using Jenkins
* Researching and implementing best practices, new tools and technology
* Perform Mobile test task estimation, test execution, Regression testing, Functional System testing
* Expertise in testing mobile applications in various mobile products - Android, iOS, Windows (Tablets and phones)
* Define and communicate the accurate Mobile test plan/test scripts and provide qualitative and quantitative status/defect reports in a timely fashion.
* Track & analyze test results and work closely with the developers to isolate and reproduce defects
* Troubleshooting live mobile Apps – verifying reported customer issues, identifying their underlying cause and seeing them through to resolution, liaising with development and product management teams where appropriate.
* Identifies, analyzes, and documents defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in embedded software program functions, outputs, online screens, and content.
* Establishes benchmarks for program efficiency in operating and response times
* Contributes to establishment of standards and procedures for program design and testing
* Reviews computer logs and reports to identify program processing errors and possible improvements
* Conducts compatibility tests with other software programs, hardware, multiple operating systems, and network environments
* Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or IT
* Automation Experience is a MUST
* Strong understanding PYTHON and Jenkins, Version control system, (SVN, Git, ect…)
* Know tracking tool is a plus (QC, ALM, Jira)
* Software development experience in objected oriented programming languages
* Proficient in at least one of the common coding languages. HTML, XML, Python is preferred.
* For experience people: Automation Engineer with 2+ year experience in IOS/Android App testing
* Ability to convert test cases & end-to-end scenarios into repeatable automated test cases
* Experience with mobile networks, protocols, and devices; Wi-Fi and 3G/4G testing experience
* Ability to troubleshoot complex software / hardware configuration problems
* Experience in building and designing test cases. Strong analytical & problem solving, documentation, and communication skills
* Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment and manage continuously changing business needs; excellent time management skills required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.